Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fast Food Blues


  1. Working third shift and just trying to get through a typical week, I find myself going to a fast food restaurants about 6 times a week. 30 years ago twice a month would been a lot. (yes I am old enough to remember a time before Mcdonalds). And over the last 30 years I have noticed the following changes:
  1. It now takes twice as long to get your order
  2. Your are twice as likely to get your order wrong
  3. Fast food workers are far more likely to be rude
  4. Fast food workers are harder to understand
  5. Errors in making change are far more likely
Going to a Mcdonalds used to be 10 minute breeze, now it's a 20 minute ordeal. Recently I went through a Mcdonalds and I noticed that both employees at both windows had their phones out texting. I know that working at a Mcdonalds is not the most demanding job, but couldn't you wait until you were done with your customer before you whip out your Blackberry(How do Fast Food employees afford Blackberry's anyway? )

Here's my list of the top 5 fast restaurants(or bottom 5 if you prefer) in terms of poor service and general incompetence.


  1. Kentucky Fried Chicken
  2. Arbys
  3. Taco bell
  4. Mcdonalds
  5. Wendys


Now I am having a hard time coming up with a 5 best, but here are the best in my experience:

  1. Tim Hortons
  2. Subway
  3. Quiznos
  4. White Castles
Four is the best I can do, Burger King is highly location dependent as is Hardees. I suppose that the answer is to be a better time manager and fix my own food.

Until that day:

Emoose out

No comments:

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Archive

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!