Wednesday, November 7, 2007

questions?

All right I've got questions. Just a few. Like: What do people talk about on cell phones? I admit that I own a cell phone and I even admit that I covet an I-phone. But seriously, I don't think that I have ever talked on cell phone for more than three minutes. I have one of those throw away virgin mobile phones and I doubt I've ever used more than ten minutes in a month. Except for the occasional emergency use it hardly ever gets used. I hear of people with monthly bills in the multiple hundreds of dollars. I am not talking about a business, just regular folk. 

 
 Once in awhile I try to eavesdrop on people to find out what the hell they are talking about. I am still mystified! They don't seem to be talking about any thing. And sometimes i see young mothers in grocery stores phones epoxied to their ears, the kids left to fend for themselves, harassing the help or worse yet bothering me(no kid I am not Santa Clause!). Of course the really sad thing is that when those so called moms get home they will probably sit the kid down in front of the idiot's lantern and then pick up the land line to finish their conversation.



  And don't get me started on driving while cell phoning! Most of these bozos shouldn't be driving with all of their faculties available much less impaired to that extent. It's bad enough that we allow something as unpredictable and prone to error as a human being operate a 5000lb, 300hp instrument of mayhem like an automobile, and then we make it really interesting by distracting him(or her) with a nice shiny toy like a phone! 


I also admit that small talk drives me crazy. I try to avoid it whenever possible. Most people are really boring. But I find it really hard to believe that all that small talk is somehow miraculously made fascinating by the use of digital devices. IMHO cellphones make people boring squared to the next power.  Wouldn't most conversations have more meaning face to face so that you could see facial expressions and body language. And wouldn't most conversations wait until you could get directly in front of the person you want to talk to?

Next: Why do the kids in my neighborhood wear their crotches down around their knees?

TaTa for now , may all your vampires be mutants.


No comments:

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!