Monday, May 26, 2008

Another Honor Killing

"Tuesday night I sat by Farzaneh and told her that one of us had to die to save the families honor. She kissed my forehead and said if someone had to die it must be her. On my request, that night Farzaneh slept in a room downstairs. I had decided to put an end to her life. Everyone in the family knew what was going to happen."

"During the night I sat several times by her bed and looked at her innocent face. At the time of morning prayer I woke her and her sister up. We talked for the last time and I repeated to her that one of us could live. She laid down and volunteered to die. She kissed my face for the last time and I said good bye to her. I put her hands into her sister’s hands and put a plastic bag on her face. She didn’t show any resistance. We had decided to show it as a suicide. But later we contacted the police and told them the story."

Article 220 of the Iranian Criminal Code states: “If a father –or his male ancestors– kill their children, they will not be prosecuted for murder." Likewise, article 1179 of the Civil Code states, “Parents have the right to punish their children within the limits prescribed by law.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In too many countries where these dishonorable killings are indigenous, the penal code articles actually give the perpetrators a license to kill.

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Archive

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!