Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Day Dream


This morning I climbed into my nice warm bed for a New Years Day Nap. After being up all night(working not partying) I was ready to catch some z's. It wasn't long after I snuggled up to my nice soft comforter and popped in the ear buds from my Ipod that I gave my self over to the sweet embrace of Morpheus. Soon I began to dream. It was one of those lucid ones in full Technicolor and dolby digital surround sound.

I had just gotten off the bus and and was walking the couple of blocks to my house when I spotted my old 1969 Mustang Mach One parked in front of my house. It still had those B.F. Goodrich high performance tires with the raised white lettering. The gold racing stripes and the chrome on the dual exhaust still gleamed. Behind me I heard someone say"Sweet ride you got there Moose".I turned around and saw Roger and the other five guys from my graduating class that never made it home from 'Nam. They were sitting on the porch wearing their caps and gowns just like the last time I saw them. "Thanks man, maybe later we can take a drive gas is still only 39 cents a gallon like it was in 68"I said . "Sure moose, maybe later, but right now me and the boys are goin' out for some cold ones""Just wanted to stop by and say hello and to tell you everything is okay"he said as he and the rest of the guys nodded there goodbyes.  

As I went inside I was ambushed by my good old dog. But now she wasn't bleeding from her nose from a tumor and she wasn't crippled up from arthritis. She was bouncing around like puppy practically knocking me down with her greeting. I knelt down and scruffed up the soft fur behind her ears. "You are such a good girl" I said as started scratching her chest with my fingernails, soon she was grunting like she did when she was content. "About time you got home young man"said a voice from over by the fire place. It was my uncle still smoking unfiltered Lucky Strikes one after another. He gave me a wink,then I saw on the big couch my Dad and Father in law swapping fishing stories(read lies). 

And from the kitchen I caught the scent of roasting turkey and fresh baked pumpkin pies. And there was my Mom moving at near warp speed setting the table. My kids were there too bringing out serving bowls heaped with mashed potatoes green beans and yams. It looks like Mom made home made bread. Pretty soon we were all sitting around the table. All the people that I ever cared about were at that table. My wife sat next to me, my kids across from me,my Dad sat at the head of the table. My Uncle was now on the porch so he could keep on smoking his Lucky Strikes, 30 years of death has not changed him. My wife asked me to say grace.

"Well"I began "I'm not much of a praying man any more, but if I were, this is what I would pray".
"I would pray that those 6 guys from the class of 68 wouldn't have died. I'd pray that they came home got married, made fortunes and had a flock of kids". "Then I'd pray we had our dog back and that we never had to have her put down."" And I'd pray that my Uncle, my Dad and Father in law were all 100% cancer proof and never died."  "I'd pray that my wife were pain free and never had to take pain meds again""I'd pray that my Daughters will find all the happiness that life has to offer and live long healthy lives". "And I'd pray that people would stop hating and hurting each other all over the world and that I never had loose anybody else I cared about". AMEN! Then we ate. A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Archive

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!