Monday, December 31, 2007

Woman kicked off bus for reading Bible?





Follow this link

Now this is an interesting story. A 7th Day Adventist was taking a bus to church with her children.  The woman decided to get a little extra Jesus time in and started reading her bible aloud to her children. After a few minutes the bus driver asks the woman to stop. She refuses, the bus driver calls his supervisor, he asks her to stop. She refuses, the supervisor asks her to get off the bus. 

Was the woman discriminated against, was she being persecuted  for being a christian? According to the bus company she was asked to stop reading aloud because she was distracting the operator.  The story does not indicate how close the lady was sitting to the driver or how relatively loud her voice was. But I suppose how distracted the driver was would depend on the individual driving. If he thought it distracting I think it would be perfectly logical to ask her to stop. After watching her on the linked video I think she might have a chip on her shoulder. I bet her family was against her becoming an Adventist and she feels just about anything is a challenge to her faith. Besides aren't Christians supposed to feel that persecution is a confirmation of their faith? 

Personally I try to sleep on long bus rides and if she were bugging me I'd probably tell her to shut up. Maybe I should keep  a copy Bertrand Russell's "Why  I am not a Christian" or Hitchen's "God is not Great" and read aloud from one of those. I bet somebody would tell me to shut up. 

No comments:

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Archive

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!