Monday, December 3, 2007

Golden Compass

Four days hence(assuming all goes according to plan) I will be sitting four rows back, about in the center of said row at the first available showing of The Golden Compass. I'll be ensconced in  said seat with a large unbuttered popcorn and a medium Diet Coke precariously balanced on my knees. If I am feeling unusually peckish I might treat myself to a bag of Sour Patch Kids. I have been looking forward to this movie for months now. I thoroughly enjoyed the books and was thrilled to hear about the adaptation. Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter is a master stroke of casting. Cannot wait. 

But now I hear there is a bit of controversy about the film. Gee I hope they protest it, I've been exercising  my middle finger salute for days now. The Christian right doesn't like it because they feel it's anti-god, the atheists  feel that it's not anti-god enough. Some days you just can't when. So I guess it will be up to a certain oversized agnostic to clear things up and introduce a voice of reason into the debate.  

So if you're heading to the movie this coming Friday please make your protest a silent one while the movie's playing. I'll be doing a review on Saturday, see you then.

No comments:

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Archive

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!