Monday, December 3, 2007

Where tacky goes to die

I've been to Disney world, the allegedly the happiest place on earth and now I have been to the tackiest place on earth. If you live in the Dayton Ohio area or are passing through there is a place you must visit. It goes by the name Dayton Novelty Wholesale. My senses are still reeling. My retinas are still hemorrhaging from the brutal assault of garish colors that comprised  a part of the spectrum hereto for unknown to science. There were dream catchers, fuzzy blankets, paintings that moved and made strange noises. They various plastic cast animals with glowing and flashing fiber optics protruding from various and sundry orifices. There were dolls so hideous they would scare two years of growth out of a normal child. 


There was Nascar ephemera strewn from one end of the store to the other. My god it was a white trash paradise!(please note: I come from a long line of hill billies, stump stompers, ridge runners and hill rods so I speak with authority).   However the most fun thing about my visit was watching the discomfort that place inflicted on my youngest daughter. I was having a grand old time fondling fake fur and various resin cast reptiles and framed posters of Al Pacino as Scarface. She was uncomfortable from the start. Moments after we entered she was extremely uncomfortable. Soon she was demanding we go. I have a feeling that either you'll be like me and develop a morbid fascination for the place or like my daughter and want to run screaming like you were running from a burning building. 

The have a web site(www.daytonnovelty.com), but to it justice you have to go there. The address is 2836 Wilmington Pike. In fact I think they should charge admission. 

Sign me

My tacky quota is filled for the year

No comments:

Google
 

JOIN THE MUTANT TEENAGE VAMPIRE ARMY

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Blog Archive

LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Blog Links

Want to learn spanish fast?

Learn the secrets of better digital photos!